Thursday, January 31, 2013

Dredge-full Adventure, Part Two

'Maybe she's born with it... Maybe it's Crystalline!'

After the scaffolding challenge my friend and I stumbled upon another jumping puzzle! An icy cavern and a certain lovely at the end of our jumping madness. We looked for a way out and ran into some Skritty problems. Soon we found our way out of the icy cavern after that. Finally, a beautiful snowy view with no monsters! On to another Skill Point needed, wait, what is up with this Vista being so difficult too?!

The Adventures of Truth and Celeste


Tribulation Caverns


So about this time I was chatting with my friend, Celeste, about this crazy Vista. The Tribulations Rift Scaffolding Vista. I couldn't figure out how to get up it at first and all chaos was breaking loose on the ground with the dredge and their stolen missile launchers. Eventually I figured it out and just as I did, my friend decided to join me. And just for non-confusion sake, my friend is a guy and plays a female character. I'll be referring to Celeste as 'him' at times. So no worries.

So right above this Vista and to the left is a jumping puzzle called, "Tribulation Caverns". After doing the scaffolding part of this puzzle for the Vista, we were exploring up top and found it!

It was a blue glowing tunnel in the side of the mountain. At first I thought it was a drop but to my surprise as Celeste bravely ran down, it was an ice cavern! We were both excited to find it and felt it was 'adventure time'! When we got down to the bottom we found some Ice Elementals and some area's to start jumping. 

Accomplished Truth.
When we got to the center there was a big glacier in the way. Celeste jumped onto it but slipped or something and fell. I tried to do the same myself and managed to scale around the glacier to another part behind it. Low and behold, there was another path! I waited for Celeste to catch up and took a screen cap. Truth is looking quite proud of herself!

Truthalious and Celeste Artius
Celeste made his way to my location. Celeste is a Guardian class and level 80. His toughness is so high that his health rarely gets a dent in it. Which is always nice to have on any adventure!

He was relieved it wasn't just an empty cavern. So the excitement continued! We continued to fight the occasional Ice Elementals but mostly ran past a lot of them while quickly jumping the puzzle without falling. I slipped a few times, but nothing major to where I couldn't get back on it. When I slipped my last time Celeste was ahead of me.

He said, "Oh wow!"
I replied, "I slipped. What?" 
Celeste continued, "There's a grand chest!"

I raced up the last few jumps to see this lovely at the top.  It was a pretty cool feeling to see this at the end of the puzzle. Although it only dropped blues and greens. It was a pretty easy jumping puzzle, so I guess I shouldn't expect so much. Here's a screen cap with the "-grand chest!".


After that we decided it was time to look for a way out. We jumped down a hole in the ice only to hit shallow icy water.

"Ow. That hurt." Celeste said jokingly as he landed a fall that surely would have broken bones in real life.
"I didn't expect it to be shallow either." I replied getting the idea of what he was being sarcastic about.

Finding our way out we encountered an event and a Skill Point (SP) that took longer than expected to finish. The Skritt were dragging it out! But we got a gold medal for it nonetheless. Once we got out of the cave, it was time to take a breather. Check out these beautiful characters complimented by a beautiful snowfall scenery (Don't mind my hawk Arthur.)!


Beauty is everywhere.
"Sometimes you gotta look for the silver lining." -A Friend

After our little break we had only a half an hour left to play.  I am almost done with this zone and had another SP left so we headed in it's direction. We found out that it was in a mountain. Great. More Dredge!

Dostoev Sky Peak


We traveled deep into the Dredge miner tunnels and found another Vista and Point of Interest (POI) along with the SP. The POI and SP were pretty easy so we did those first. When we went to finish the Vista, we soon found out that it was another one of those difficult ones. Ah hah! Semi-jumping puzzle? Probably so! 

It took us nearly the rest of our time to figure out just how to get up to it. It was the farthest scaffolding where you went into a smaller tunnel that wound up and around to it. Then, after dodging/fighting/running past many angry Dredge miners you have to jump down behind a blocked off part of the scaffolding. After that it's pretty much smooth sailing until you almost get to the Vista. 

Once you are up there, there is a veteran you have to fight before you can actually view the Vista. He wasn't too tough, but I think we were just annoyed at how long it took to figure the location out. There was a chest up there too that we soon discovered before logging off for the night. 

Citadel of Flame Female Armor Humor

Now, to end the adventure with a little inside joke.

 

Goodnight all.

No comments:

Post a Comment