Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Dredgehaunt Cliffs, You're "Mine"!

Isn't Moria suppose to be back here?

More dredge but nearly done. Completing Dredgehaunt Cliffs had it's moments! Fighting at a Norn Spirit shrine, picking up some keys for random dwarven doors and some cool screen caps taken. I really am happy to be moving on from this place! But I did find some humor in it all.

Victories of Dredgehaunt Cliffs


After my adventures with Celeste, I had some more adventuring to do in order to finish Dredgehaunt Cliffs. An undiscovered area to find with a quest to finish for starters. Just what I wanted, more dredge to fight! But, I got a pretty cool screen cap of my ranger skill. Check it out!


Bear Shrine


It was fun to take on the challenge of defeating the Veteran Bear Spirit. All by myself! Being max level for my character with max level weapons really does make a difference fighting things like this alone.

Upon defeating the great bear spirit, the non player character (NPC) cheered by saying, "Glorious!"
This was hilarious. Very Norn-like response! The Norn are warriors that remind me of Conan, also, giants in comparison to the other races.

It was around this place I picked up some Dwarven keys. I had noticed a few beautifully carved stone doors in some of the dredge mining entrances. They seemed worth checking out.

Dwarven Doors


You only need two keys, because there are only two doors. The keys are Soulbound so once you have two don't worry about anymore. I ended up with six of them just by fighting monsters in the area.


Upon opening one of the dwarven doors a Veteran Imp Lord emerged. Although, I was ready for it! All I wanted was to get the treasure chest behind it. After defeating it I went to the next door location.


On my way to the second door I ran into a Veteran Pinesoul. These monsters are mysteriously beautiful and remind me of a different version of a 'tree ent' from Lord of the Rings.




Finally, the second dwarven door! It's down by the Tribulation Rift area. I marked it with a gold star on the screen cap of the map below:


I expected another Veteran behind the second door. It was a Veteran Destroyer Troll and some buddies of his. This screen cap below was fun because I captured it while shooting an arrow at the Veteran. 


Even though the treasure chests only dropped blues and greens it was still a fun adventure. I was very happy to move on and complete this map area!

Completion Accepted


Completed Area Reward

While completing these high level areas I am also collecting components for my 'Pony Bow'. Lots of chopping down trees, mining ores and salvaging items for materials. I made a checklist from the copied list of all ingredients needed for my bow in Evernote. So far it is keeping me sane and on task. Next area, Hoelbrak!

A little humor before you go:


Narnia Lamp-post.

Fellowship of the Ring Humor

No comments:

Post a Comment