Thursday, April 18, 2013

Alternate Goals & Truths In Pixelated Wielding


Alternate realities? Maybe only Truths. Alternate goals? That's a definite. The Pony Bow is a long term goal, what about the short term ones? I think it's going to be a pixelated situation. Oh, hello Super Greatsword skin! Fields of Ruin adventure time with Joe and friends. 

Pixelated Situations


So I have been somewhat straying from my 'Pony Bow' destination for the last month. I've been telling myself it's too much work at the moment and looking for other ways to fulfill the need of having a 'special' or 'Super' weapon. So I spent about 14-20 hours in the Super Adventure Box collecting Baubles and guess what... I finally reached 50 Bauble Bubbles!


I have been happily wielding my Super Greatsword around Tyria feeling like a pro. I love playing Greatsword on Ranger, I don't care what anyone says to me about it. It is just pure fun to me! And honestly, it isn't that slow when you are traited to have greatsword skills charge 20% faster. I am loving this skin! 

Fields of Ruin

My friend Joe has been working a lot so when he does sign on everyone get's excited and such. We decided to go with him in Fields of Ruin and help him with map completion. That was pretty fun. My pixelated glory sword was a beacon of happiness for me as we trailed through trolls, ettins and have you nots. 

Speaking of 'have you nots', remember that giant scorpion I fought in one of my previous posts? Well, Joe introduced me to the branded scorpion in fields of ruin. And here I thought the other one was dangeous! 


(From Left to Right) Truthalious, Cy Klos and Deimozs

The others that ran with us were Deimoz and Cy Klos. Cy Klos is a parent like myself. I think he understands the demands of being a good parent and agree's that excessive game play isn't in alignment with the needs of small children. I respect that. 

Most nights getting to bed around 11pm is the goal for me, but when I loose track of time and it hits 1am I start kicking myself in the butt. Most of the single/non-parent players believe that 1am is early and like to try and keep me playing, but I know what works for me and that is not happening. Kid's come first, especially little ones.  I don't like compromising my mood in order to stay up late gaming. 


So while I was up late gaming the other night with these fellows we ran into a gate. Hit the map key and apparently it leads to the Crystal Desert. Oh the Guild Wars memories are flooding in! Lots of farming spots in the first game in that area. We are curious to find out what Anet is going to do with this area later on in the game! I want to go and reminisce. 

Armor Goals and Alternate Characters

I want to get the rest of my tier 3 cultural armor. The problem is it's pretty expensive. Wait, let me rephrase that, VERY EXPENSIVE. To get three more pieces I need around 57 gold. Why am I doing this to myself? Oh I dunno, running out of things to do in the game maybe?! I haven't done a few things like PvP and WvW all that much, but I am sort of saving them for after I am done with PvE in order to make the game life last longer. But it's too bad I have to 'make' the game life last longer.

So in hopes to earn this 57 gold I am doing Citadel of Flame runs with the guild. I'm a ranger and with mixed class groups it isn't as fast doing a path as let's say having four Warriors and a Mesmer. So I started feeling like my ranger wasn't enough. I started leveling three other alternate characters (The third will be in my next blog post). Here is one of them.


Truthsong Loveshore, an elementalist, Norn. What's really funny about this? She's not a Warrior! The whole point of me leveling another character was for farming gold. Yeah, I know, I need to get my priorities straight. But, she is fun to play. I really love how she looks! I hear they are useful in WvW though!


Another character I am leveling is a Guardian. Truthwyn Goldheart is her name. She looks a lot like my Guild Wars character Gunnr. In the picture above I am leveling her with my friend Jingo. And if you haven't noticed yet, I use the name Truth in all my character names. They are my 'alternate Truths', haha. I like my guardian better than my elementalist because it is so nice to tank monsters instead of kiting them. I think I am a little burnt out on ranger-ing wouldn't you say?

All in all, I can still do runs for CoF with my ranger. Earning the gold for some cool armor skins isn't exactly my cup of tea, but I suppose I want them bad enough. I feel somewhat straight-faced about it. Here is an in-game reference of that face.


In the meantime I spiffied up my magic find armor with new dyes and armor combination. I feel like the Princess Zelda or something. I am pretty excited and happy about it.


So I am no longer trying to get the Wings of Dwayna bow. I don't think it looks good with my armor. After discussing it with my friend Aster we decided the Corrupted Greatbow looks best with my character's Sylvari armor. He helped me out with a lot of corrupted cores so I owe him one. Thanks Aster!


Humor
Nanay Truth

So Hayup taught me how to say, "Who's your mama?" in Pilipino. 
He also taught Cy Klos how to say, "Who's your daddy?"

A few people are calling me, "Nanay Truth" in the guild now. I technically am a mama, so it's not that far off! But I assured them to mean it in the most innocent way they can muster! No naughtiness with this 'nanay', that is my husband's business.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment