Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Retro Spec Yourself


Hanging out with guildees has been a blast! Tonic using is still advised at meetups in Hoelbrak for guild missions, check us out with this cute toy griffon tonic! Many good things come from hanging out other than just socializing. New experiences, references and updates from Arena Net. Truly a blast these last couple of days and an event mirroring the past!

Hanging Out Equals Good Fun

I have to say, we are getting more and more people joining Omen over the last few weeks. I have also made some more friends since my last post! Social life is in good standing as far as I'm concerned at the moment! Four months ago I didn't have as many contacts, save one, but I only got to see her every now and then. Now I have so many people to hang out with I think no one gets bored or overwhelmed with the amount of hang out time they each get.

Chrysalist (Lyetrix) and Truthalious
This type of socializing fits the lifestyle and season I am in right now. It's not permanent of course, but probably semi-permanent until a year or so. Speaking of a year, I don't know if I am going to get that pony bow I mentioned earlier in this blog. I don't exactly have the time for it with the little time I have to play. But some better options have been introduced by Arena Net. Here are my current goals, one has been met.

Since I have been in Omen (the guild I am in), we have been doing Bounty Runs every week and getting our commendations. These are used to buy things from a guild vendor that are helpful to have because they are exotic quality. Once I saw these and their stats, I had to have at least one. Here are the  Guild Weapons. So before Easter Sunday I had 6 commendations and I needed 7 to get the short bow I wanted. We did a quick bounty run with only about 20 of us (which was amazing) and I got two more commendations! This is the Guild Reflex Bow I purchased.

The other goal now is Wings of Dwayna. It's fairly easy to get in comparison to The Dreamer bow. Although I am continuing to do map completion even so.

Middle Earth Collides With Tyria

Here is what I have been up to other than that! I had a night where I was completing Diessa Plateau with my Aussie buddy Joe. I sort of had a LoTR experience with the living story event. Apparently the portals from the Flame & Frost event look a lot like the "lid-less eye" from the LoTR series (which I enjoy very much so). But the thing about these lid-less eye portals is Molten Soldiers pop out of them and attack you! It was a pleasure to shoot several arrows into Sauron's eye (a great paralleling for me personally!).


And since we are talking about the LoTR series, I happened upon a mini-dungeon for the Flame & Frost event that reminded me of the scenes from 'The Two Towers' when the Fellowship venture into the Mines of Moria. I snapped a screen shot for you all to enjoy.


Truth states excitedly, "Ah! It's this way."
Syvari Wolf Hound, "How do you know?"
Truth replies, "I can smell fresh air coming from this way."
Sylvari Wolf Hound, "Okay 'Gandalf'...."

So I checked this area out later with Joe and we finished it. The two of us almost died underwater fighting the boss. It was a close one, but we made it. Lots of rallying! "Raaaaally!!!" As my friend Jingo says.

So I know in the last movie, 'Return of the King', Frodo is surprised by the big spider (Thanks Golem, you rat). I didn't exactly run into a spider on my Diessa Plateau endeavors, but, I was trying to finish my daily and happened upon a giant scorpion mama, which is just as bad! At least it counted as a veteran on monthly achievements! Check this out:


With that I finished the area as well. 

Time to leave Diessa Plateau behind for the time being. There is a Retro Surprise in Rata Sum!!!

Blast From The Past Anet Style

My hubby, a.k.a. Ant, and I checked out this awesome creation by arena net to go along with the Flame & Frost event. I found out from the wiki it is to entertain the children that are suffering from the effects of the Molten Alliance. So basically this Asuran named Moto has this adventure box he made and it is basically a place that looks and acts like the games of old.

There are different zones and you get 'baubles' from the monsters you defeat, chests and even secret areas. These baubles can be traded in for 'bauble bubbles' (Bub and Bob or 'Bubble Bobble' reference, so awesome, I love that game!). It takes 250 baubles to make a bauble bubble. In turn, it takes 50 of these bauble bubbles and 1 gold to purchase a Super Weapon skin from Moto. I want the Super Greatsword skin!!! I already have 19 bauble bubbles, almost half way there!

So Ant, Caleab and myself went into the Super Adventure Box (SAB). We had some fun in this awesome reverie to our generation of old school gaming. Oh, the memories!



I managed to beat the SAB Zone 1 while accompanying some friends, Lyetrix and Kane. 

Later we had some fun on our other characters trying to get more baubles! We sort of had a dance party  between check points.

Pure and Utter Joy, Dance Party!

Meanwhile in the Player Vs Environment (PVE) areas there were SAB chests you can open. When opened, monsters from the SAB pop out and upon their defeat you are bestowed a bauble. I noticed that in the higher level maps you get more drops than the lower zones. Not all the zones have the chests and after opening the same chest more than a few times your chances of getting a higher bauble drop diminish. 



Here is what the chest looks like (minus my new friend Silker atop of it) and what some of the monsters look like after opening it. There are frogs, monkeys, bunnies and snakes. The snakes are by far the hardest, because they spit flying venom balls at you (not hard if you are in a group and not soloing). But they are definitely beatable, just takes more time and more dodging. Hyper focusing!

I am really looking forward to showing you all my Super Greatsword skin once I get it. Hopefully by the next time I post!

Humor
We can always use more people for bounty missions.



Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

  1. Short and sweet post here but hands down my fav shot of this read was the dancing shot. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I love that screen shot ^^ I haven't seen Kane since then. Did he leave the guild? O_O

      Delete