Friday, April 19, 2013

You're Up To Something Bigger Than Me


A life changing lesson came from an individual I met in Guild Wars. To this day he is one of my dearest friends. This is how I learned a great deal about my God's heart.


Have you ever compared two people and said, "Oh he's a better person because he doesn't do what she does."? It's a pretty common thing in this world. Murderers are bad and those that lie aren't AS bad. But we all know that love is more powerful than comparing sins. What about the way we are brought up? If someone is different than you, don't hang out with them or get to know them. While I was growing up, that was the overall message I received. To hang out with someone that isn't like you or 'worse' than you meant giving a chance to corrupt who you are.

It was in 2005 that I was introduced to a relationship with the person Yeshua/Jesus (Yeshua is his hebrew name that literally means, "He who saves" Jesus is the letters of Yeshua translated into Greek letters). So perhaps maybe some of you knew that I was a follower of Christ, but perhaps some of you didn't. This changed my life in a way that is different from the cliche' ideas most people have about becoming a Christian.

Ivan Stormbow and Gunnr Uhh Valkyrie (my GW1 Character)
So I am going to tell you a story that changed my life about a young man I met in Guild Wars. It was when I was pregnant with my first child and couldn't leave the house much. I started playing Guild Wars again and I joined a guild. This became my source of socialization and entertainment.

Some way or another I mentioned I was pregnant in guild chat. Then, person mentioned above, started spouting off that it was "his" child. Now I was a super serious person back then, uptight, couldn't take a joke kind of person. I was also self-righteous still. I got upset and offended right away. Most people would of got that it was a joke. But, I instantly wanted to shun the guy and not associate with him. That's what I would of done before I had God with me, but this time, God was with me.

Time for a milestone, time to begin again
Re-evalute who I really am
Am I doing everything to follow Your will 
Or just climbing aimlessly over these hills?
So show me what it is You want from me

(Whatever You're Doing - Sanctus Real)

So I had the choice to run away like I had in the past or ask God what else I could do. His response, "Be honest about your feelings and get to know him." It felt very uncomfortable to choose that option, chaotic even, because that was not how I use to operate. But, since I have experienced the love of God, I trusted Him. 


I let the guy know how I felt, he assured me he was joking and we started talking. It was a relief actually, but my milestone wasn't over yet. I got to know him better and found that I actually liked his humor, unlike I thought earlier. I enjoyed hanging out with him. I grew closer to him over the next couple of days and then God surprised me with something else.

I found out that my new cool friend was gay. Why was that a surprise? Because in my past I didn't  hang out with anyone that was homosexual because I didn't want to associate with them (I was a totally different person before I started a relationship with God). So I was in a bit of dilema and quite a test. 

Ivan Stormbow
But I'm glad God knew what He was doing, because I bonded with this guy and it fueled me to choose to not care anymore and let God correct me on a life changing lesson. I not only learned that no one is a better person than someone else, but that we are all viewed the same by God in our badness and He wants to love everyone. Who was I to be loved by God then deny another that same acceptance and love because of MY comparisons of sin? That's what it means to not judge others. 

In turn, I learned how to love everyone the way God wants to love them. He also showed me all the uniqueness He loves about my friend. So I think it's about time I introduce this amazing individual. 

His name is Alex, but in game he's known as Jingo. We have been friends since the year 2008. We've played games together, voice chatted, video chatted and kept in touch through all these years and I have to say he's my closest friend I have ever met over the internet. He is from England, UK.

He plays beautiful music on the guitar and various instruments. He is really great at video games. He has an awesome sense of humor and brings honesty and fun to his friendships. He is about to graduate from his University after studying photography and film. Alex is an amazing hard worker and cares about his friends and family.

Stag Ventari (Jingo)
I have learned so much about God's heart through Alex. He is a really great friend to have and I would of extremely regretted not getting to know him. Now we play Guild Wars 2 together. We created Mesmers and play them when we get time to play as a team. 




His character name is Galonveil Felendon and mine is Truthandriel. He also has a necromancer and ranger. We took a few screen shots together of our characters. Since we met in the first Guild Wars I thought it would be nostalgic to revisit the old Lions Arch beneath the ocean to take some screen shots. If you have played the original Guild Wars it's quite fun to do this. I found the spot where the skill NPC use to be! 

Lion's Arch of Old Tyria
Stag's Bruce
Lion's Arch
Harry King and Truthwyn Goldheart

I really enjoy spending time with him when he isn't busy. Our lives have their demands but when you truly care about someone regardless of how they may feel about you in return, you are willing to appreciate whatever time or memories you have with them. 

So the moral of this story is that judging others only leads to disconnection. Loving others leads to connection. You can build a person up with words and you can tear them down with them. We may get hurt in life and want to take it out on everyone else, but all we really want is to be accepted and loved. There is a difference only you can make in this world. 


Here's a video of the song I referenced earlier. 



Humor
Because I'm always taking screen shots.

Please post your comments below!

Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

  1. Awww.. no pics of the updated Corrupted Greatbow? ^^

    KrazieOne.7863

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, loved your story Truth.
    It's really nice to see that change of heart. It was a very positive direction you decided to turn. I myself have walked a lot of winding paths when it comes to spirituality. I'm just glad you have found your way.(:

    ~ Muffin

    ReplyDelete