Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Go Go Power Rangers, The Great Times



Who knew making lodestones would be worth the trouble? But wait! Trouble 'brewing' in Divinity's Reach bearing the name of 'Omen'! Plus a beautiful mask that can be used across all classes achieved through Guild Wars 1. Commence transformation sequence!


Eventful Gatherings and Achievements


Despite what some my say about classes in Guild Wars 2, I love playing ranger! My lifestyle and time to play requires the ability to solo and ranger is a great class to do that. Whilst on my quest for the Legendary Dreamer Bow, I decided to upgrade my longbow to something a little more 'precious'.

Something that would match my Tier 3 armor better. Aster, to the right in the picture above, was a great help at deciding! Some of us players take time to make our characters look fantastically cool with expensive armor, weapons, you name it. For most, it's about representation of how much butt you could possibly kick. But, most of the time it's just for looks.

The Greatbow Expectation

So upon my searching with Aster, he brought to my attention the Corrupted Greatbow would probably look best with my looks. Operation: Obtain Corrupted Greatbow! Mind you, it takes 30 corrupted lodestones to make one of these weapons. Each of those are over 1g on the Trading Post and the drop rate isn't that great either.

So, Aster, being the kind and helpful guy he is, helped me out and got me a bunch of corrupted cores from a dungeon. With the cores, I was able to throw them in the Mystic Forge and upgrade them to Lodestones with a few other ingredients. With the combination of the cores he gave me and the cores I bought plus lodestones I farmed, "With our powers combined, we can form-!" The Corrupted Greatbow!

Here are some screen shots we took together with our 'fantastic looking characters that could possibly kick butt'!



Thank you Aster for your help in making this bow. It is extremely handy and beautiful! You have a great eye for fashion in Guild Wars 2! 

Return to the Past

 While playing my alternate characters I decided I wanted to get a few more things in the Hall of Monuments. Specifically, a baroque mask that can be used on any armor weight (light, medium, heavy). Good thing my husband and I had tons of platinum left in GW1 because we bought a few mini pets and destroyer weapons and I got my mask! I even was able to get the black moa!

The baroque mask is very pretty. Awesome stuff on a Guardian! 
Here is Maiden Truth with it on.

The Black Moa in the Hall of Monuments. 
Reminds me of the Black Chocobo from Final Fantasy VII.

It was interesting revisiting the old Guild Wars. Probably not going to play it again though. I've become spoiled with the current one. I couldn't remember where stuff was on the interface! That felt strange of course. But it was well worth getting a few more goodies for the current game.

Maiden de Truth


Meanwhile, I have been enjoying my alternate character 'Maiden Truth' (recently name changed from Truthwyn Goldheart). She is now level 44! I look forward to her being level 80 because I want to do World vs World with her! It is very fun being a Guardian. Much different from playing Ranger! It also reminds me of playing my original GW1 character that was melee. I was playing around with some fashion ideas for her when she gets to the max level. This is what I had in mind.


By the time I get to level 80 I might change my mind. With the name change I do want to go with something that is a little more 'Maiden' like. So perhaps leaning towards lighter looking armor. If you have any suggestions for me leave them in the comment box below. Thanks!

A Home of Our Own

So what happens when you sign into team speak (voice chat) and your guild leader is going on about 'The Guild House' and 'Come see it!'? You get super excited if you are me! Giddy even! Our guild queen (AJ) requested we have a house to meet up in and go afk in!

So we meet up in Divinity's Reach to check out this house claimed via Omen. None of us really knew what to expect, since Guild Wars 2 doesn't have Guild Halls like the first game. 

So, following our fearless leader EJ we venture through the cobblestone laden road of Divinity into Circus City (note the confetti, it's a celebration all the time by the house).

Into the multi-level house we went! It's surprises to be revealed not through windows or even the door way, but only upon entry and exploration!

We headed upstairs to view the multiple rooms we could hang out in. Although the master suite was deemed EJ and AJ's room, we still hung out in it! 

In the room across from it, some of us tested the firmness of the beds. To our liking, they were all, "Just right." It was hilarious to watch this happen. I think we were all super giddy at the time, anything seemed funny. Now that I am writing about this, it doesn't seem as funny as it was!




Some rest and relaxation in the Omen House.

Meanwhile, downstairs, there was quite the party. Equipped with Bartender and tables. The leader was quick to get a keg and feast going! It was about to get very silly.




We all started dancing on the tables. Where are our manners? Hah, that's right, we don't care! This was a funny site to see. I think we chilled out together for 30 minutes waiting for everyone to get ready for guild missions. 

Look how cute Lyetrix looks in her town clothes.
The hat is awesome on Asuran!

Our Guild missions were successful. Especially after the R&R at the Omen House!

And thanks to this guy (Strato Juan, Parrot, Tamz),
Truthalious was adorned with Darna red dye!

Humor
Darna = Philippine's version of Wonder Woman

Thanks for reading! 

3 comments:

  1. finally ^^ about time you posted those awesome pictures of the Corrupted Greatbow.. YAY now i just need to work on my transmute and look elite like you too :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. where have u been hiding ^^... i am ready for my photo shoot like a week ago but you disappeared ^^... lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha love you blog entries:D!

    I loled at the Guild house part haha

    so Cute!:) <3

    ReplyDelete