Wednesday, March 20, 2013

A Blue and Violet Truth, Screen Shot Spots

Lions Arch Portal Area 

I decided to update my graphics and color scheme for my blog due to the recent change in my character. So I took screen shots last night and found some really great landscape backgrounds. Some really great spots are in the Grove.


Orr Skill Point

The Grove, second map layer. 

Same area as above. 


Wall on other side of yellow flower arch. 

Brisbane Wildlands 

Water Pools,  last map layer in The Grove. 

Same as above. Shot in mid leap up. 

Mount Maelstrom. 

When I take screen shots I use a lot of what I learned in school from art classes.  Color theory, positioning and naturalness all play a big part when taking screen shots of your character. 

Truth now has blue and violet hair, so I focused on complimentary and analogous color landscapes. Her complimentary colors are mostly yellow and gold,  while her analogous colors are violet, blue, green and yellow.  You can apply this to your own character.  All you need is a glance at the color wheel. 

Complimentary colors are directly across from each other and analogous is your main color with any three colors by it. 

More tips later on taking screen shots of your Guild Wars 2 character will be posted in the future. A tutorial page will definitely be in the works. 

Thanks for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment