Tuesday, March 19, 2013

The Good Omen, On With Friendship


Done with the old and ready for the new, we merged into a new guild. Meeting new friends and trying new events like WvW, Jumping Puzzles and Bounty runs. It's been a fun ride this last week!

The specific thing about 'Guild Wars' is that 'guilds' are a BIG part of it. A guild is really a group of people with common interests in the game. I've been in a few since I started playing Guild Wars 2.

Previously I may have mentioned that I was in the guild Gladiator Caelum. Sadly, the guild leadership for that guild fell apart with little to no communication. But, all the members became close friends and those of us that were on regularly recognized the fact that with no leadership the guild was as good as dead. So, we rallied our most active players and had a meeting for the sake the members in the guild.

After discussing the well-being of our members interests, about six of us decided the best thing to do for now would be to merge with another guild. My sweet friend Lyetrix acted as an ambassador on our behalf and ushered us in to our new family "Omen".

Omen, A Good One

Just a few of Omen's members...

Most of us that transfered into Omen are very happy with the new family and unique gaming experience they bring to the table. Of course, it wasn't for everyone and others have found other guilds that suit their gaming interests. We still keep in touch though, because we bonded in our last guild. What I thought would be troublesome personally actually turned out to be more of strength than I thought, the guild using a voice chat while playing in game.

While I have had bad experiences in the past when playing Guild Wars (the first game), it really isn't a bad experience having voice chat with Omen. Most of the players are based in the Philippines and they are helpful, caring, understanding and fun. We split our merged group that is based in the west and their's in the east into two groups, the 'Morning Crew' and the 'Night Crew'. Our old guild is mostly in the 'Morning Crew'.


Our fearless and knowledgeable leader, Silverback Rayleigh. Although, I don't call him Silverback anymore... That isn't kosher. He is to be called, "EJ". (I got a "@=@" face when I asked about calling him Silverback! Whoops! Hahaha.) I on the other hand like to be called Truth by my friends in game. Why do I like it? Probably because it's a sense of escapism, but also because it's fun!

I originally liked the idea to conceal my identity, which isn't a bad idea either. Sometimes when people get a hold of your real identity things get weird, at least that has been my experience in the past with revealing my identity to a guild on facebook when I use to play the first game, 'Guild Wars'. Not everyone should know who you are right away, that is the lesson I have learned. They gotta earn your trust first!

Jumping Puzzle Fun and Madness

Dance Party
 A little dancing time in WvW before we do a jumping puzzle in Eternal Battlegrounds. EJ likes to "DJ" and take requests while we are in voice chat. Lyetrix, himself and I are dancing it up while we wait for the rest of the group to get here.

This was my first time doing this jumping puzzle. It's the hardest in the game because you can be defeated by enemy players on other servers while trying to finish it! They yank you off the walls and gang up on you if you are away from the group. Although avenging ourselves has been pretty fun when we resurrect!

The next time I did this it was a lot easier. Lyetrix took us again and we went with Dr. Cuervo (Doc) and Joe. I don't know if it was Doc's first run, pretty sure he had done it before, but, it was Joe's first try at it.

Epic Joe
It was super fun doing this puzzle late last night (I was procrastinating grocery shopping). While in voice chat we had "Aaaaahh!!!!" and "You can do it. I have faith in you!!!" moments. It was particularly great because it was Joe's first time doing this puzzle. There were a few epic moments in his journey through. I like to joke about "The Dark Room", so many things happen in that part of the puzzle (and it's fun to refer to it). Here is Joe's epic moment in, "The Dark Room".


There is a particular part in the puzzle that is a short cut while in this dark place. You only have torches to see where you are going. You have to cross a narrow beam then jump perpendicular to another one with a speed boost. Joe is a Norn so I can imagine it is pretty difficult maneuvering a behemoth as such, but he gave this jump a try! Let's just say, he took a leap of faith and made it!!! He was pretty surprised to say the least.  We all made it through the 'dreadful' chandelier/colosseum part and eventually made it to the top! Here is our victory screenshot!


Eternal Battlegrounds Jumping Puzzle Masters

Bounty Runs


So what do we do in this guild that we didn't do in our last? Lots of events! We do bounty runs weekly and get 35+ members to join in and take down two different bounties! The last two we have done have been successful.

Family Lounge

I really like it when we gather in Hoelbrak because I get to see everyone's character and we hang out before it's time for the event!

Wish (to the left) and Truthalious.
Here is a picture with one of the members of our last guild and Truth. Her name is Wish and her characters are absolutely beautiful. She is very talented at character creation and choosing their wardrobe and dyes! Oh! If you haven't noticed yet, Truth got a makeover...! Exclusive blue hair (reminds me of Iris petals) and succulent color skin with exclusive light blue eyes. Yes, I paid gold for my gems to get it. Nope, not happy with how much but it was worth it! Lyetrix and Joe approved, haha.

Jumping Puzzle Madness

Another group event that happens a lot with my closer friends is the participation in jumping puzzles! Lyetrix leads most of these due to her passion for jumping puzzles. She probably get's a rush off of those things, adrenaline junkie? Probably not... Just a really great person to hang out with and have fun with! She is a super caring person and a blast to be around. She really makes you feel accepted as a person. Everyone loves Lye!


Here is another jumping puzzle that we worked on together with Janhyua and Divine Beast. Divine was pretty quiet and I didn't get to know him very well, but Janhyua was fun to play with! He was pretty patient while hanging out with Lyetrix and I. We kept falling off of stuff and taking forever.

We made it up to the top of this jumping puzzle. It was kind of creepy their was a dead Norn skeleton on top of the chest with a hat like Indiana Jones. I couldn't imagine Harrison Ford the size of a Norn. That'd be weird!

Indi-NORN-a Jones

Icy Waters Hidden Entrance
Another puzzle we worked on was over in Frostgorge Sound. Dr Cuervo went with us on this one. He is super fun to play with because he is laid back, knowledgeable and easy to get along with! He is also from Texas and has a fun accent to listen to in voice chat.

I am from California so it's great to hear accents across the nation and world. But so I have been told my accent is fun to listen to also. Who knew! I didn't.




At the top of this puzzle was a Nornish adorned chest. What was really fun were the goggles placed over on the cliff for diving with. The three of us took the 'plunge' into the icy waters below. What a splash! I mean... blast? Haha.

Matrix meets Guild Wars 2 Diving Spots


Humor
What does Comics really look like?


This is Comics using a halloween tonic. He posted his real picture in our old guild forum with a cat face drawn over his. I worked my skills in the comic above. This is an on-going joke between the Morning Crew.

Thanks for the read!

2 comments:

  1. This is a really gnarly thing you got going here truth i love it! Ill be sure to bookmark your blog and check it once in a while *bookmarks* heheheh - Comics

    ReplyDelete
  2. very inspiring.. I was moved by this.. Assurance or Threat Omen Gaming Community

    ReplyDelete